Life and Death
By Candice Jay and John Macolm
Review by Treyvon H.
1. What is this book about? (who are the characters? When and where does it take place?)
Wes Moore and Maria Reyes
2. Did you enjoy reading the book? If so, what did you like about it. If not, what didn’t you like about it? Yes, I liked that each person had their own struggle but overcame it.
3. What was your favorite part or your favorite character? Why did you like that part or character? Maria. Even though she was a gang member, she chose to change the family cycle.
4. Did you relate to the story or any character? How did you relate?
No, but I am inspired to do better.
5. Would you recommend this book to someone else? Why would you tell them they should or should not read it? Yes, because it is inspirational. It inspires me to change my life and gives me hope.
6. What message do you think the author was trying to tell readers like you?
No matter what you go through , only you can determine who you want to be and what you want to do.
Review by Daniel H.
This book is about how our decisions can effect our lives. I really enjoyed reading this books because it teaches us that we can change our life around at any point in our life. My favorite part of this book was when it tells us about Wes Moore and his drug addiction. I really related to this character because I went thru the same drug problem. I would recommend this book to someone else because maybe it will change their perspective on life like it did mine. I liked the title, but if I was able to change it, I would change it to "The Decisions in Life."