By James Patterson
Review by Isela F.
1. What is this book about? (who are the characters? When and where does it take place?)
The book is about a futuristic society where everything seems perfect, but kids are going missing. The main characters are two twin sisters. One is always good. Her name is Cassie Greenfield. She does everything right and is a goodie-two-shoes. Her nickname is Careful Cassie. The other is Rebecca Greenfield. She is the bad, rebellious type. Her nickname is Ridiculous Becca. Even though everything seems like it is perfect in this society, the twins come from a struggling family. One day Becca goes missing, and Cassie will do anything to find her.
2. Did you enjoy reading the book? If so, what did you like about it. If not, what didn’t you like about it? Yes I enjoyed reading the book. I liked that James Patterson called it the “Next Hunger Games” and it really was like what he said. I also enjoyed the characters and was able to relate to some of them. I really became engaged in the suspense of the book and could not put it down. It was a real page turner.
3. What was your favorite part or your favorite character? Why did you like that part or character? My favorite character was “The Kid”. He was funny, brave and curious even though he was young.
4. Did you relate to the story or any character? How did you relate? One character I related to was Becca because she reminded me of myself. She and I have the same personality. I liked that she was rebellious, brave and stood up for what she believed regardless of the consequences.
5. Would you recommend this book to someone else? Why would you tell them they should or should not read it? Yes. I would recommend this book because you quickly are engaged and entertained by the story as you are pulled into the suspense.
6. Did you like the way it ended? What alternate ending would you have liked more? I liked the ending because James Patterson answered all my questions.
But he also left the story as a bit of a cliff hanger, leaving the reader-me wondering if there is going to be another book. I want more!