Between Shades of Gray
By Ruta Sepetys
Review by Anais Q.
1. What is this book about? (who are the characters? When and where does it take place?)
The book is about a family who was forced out of their home by secret police. They have to fight for survival. They worked in terrible weather just to eat. The mother dies and the two children had to fight for their lives.
2. Did you enjoy reading the book? If so, what did you like about it. If not, what didn’t you like about it?
Yes, I liked how they all worked together and they didn’t let anyone stay behind. They all worked together to find food and water.
3. What was your favorite part or your favorite character? Why did you like that part or character?
My favorite character was the mother because she was always trying to help someone.
4. Did you relate to the story or any character? How did you relate?
I didn’t relate to any character.
5. Would you recommend this book to someone else? Why would you tell them they should or should not read it?
Yes, it’s very interesting and it teaches people how to work together when things are hard.
6. Did you like the title? What alternate title would you give the book?
Yes, I liked the title It ended very good.